Friday, September 2, 2011

What do you listen to?

So I decided that I'm going to make this post every Friday. It'll be my new segment. Every Friday I will try my best to blog about whats lately on repeat in my Ipod. Here you'll get to listen to new music and find yourself perhaps a new favorite artist? Without further a do, let 'What do you listen to' BEGIN!

Artist: Dusty Springfield
Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien also know as Dusty Springfield was a British pop singer who not only sang beautiful songs but as well was dubbed as 'The Queen of Soul'. Dusty's career extended from the late 1950s to the 1990s. Not only was Dusty known for her sensual voice but as well for being the white soul artist in her time. She is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the U.K. Music Hall of Fame. Springfield then released her album 'Dusty in Memphis' and was ranked one of the greatest album of all time by Rolling Stones. The album was also award a spot in the Grammy Hall of Fame. Sadly, Dusty passed away at age 59 in her hometown England. Her music was and always will be outstanding.

Ever since I heard her in the Burberry Fall/Winter 2011 Woman's Fashion Show I was mesmerized by her voice. I had to Shazam her music and thus lead to her being on my Ipod and having her on repeat. I love all kinds of music and Dusty is someone that everyone should listen to. It's the type of music you could just listen while going on a long trip and just reflecting on life or a past love.

Listen to these two songs, what do you guys think? 

Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me


Dusty Springfield - You Don't Own Me (Favorite Song)