Monday, August 22, 2011

Who want's to be a "Houseboy"!

So couple day's ago I was at a friends house. Our friendship is so close that I could practically do anything, while he drove to get something to eat, I got up from the floor and went to his iMAC. I went into the browser and found a tab that said something about a Houseboy. What exactly is a freakin' Houseboy!? Well, I didn't hesitate to search...
(Keep in my mind that my friend is GAY!)

According to Wikipedia a Houseboy is...
  • In the gay community, a Houseboy is typically a younger gay male, while his host is an older, usually wealthy, gay man. While there may or may not be a romantic/physical relationship, an atmosphere of personal intimacy and mutual support is at the basis of the arrangement. Both houseboys and their single hosts often date and form romantic/physical relationships outside of the home. However, few houseboys have a significant other when assuming their position.


  • I was SHOCKED to know he wanted to be that. I had never heard of this term before. Why don't they just call him a maid. But then again their could be a romantic/physical relationship. It's crazy! I never knew that their was something like this in the world! Especially sites where you could sign up and BE a Houseboy! In a way I find it disgusting. 'Cause I mean c'mon someone in their early 20's dating (or whatever) a 40 something guy. But I guess we all have different likes and what not. People have their reasons why they want to be one...Money, Loneliness, Horniness, etc.

    I fall in the middle between this whole thing. I find it 50/50. Theirs something positive out of this. You could get SPOILED! Literally, you go on Trips/Money/Clothes/Room (If your living WITH THEM). But theirs stuff you need to do before that happens.

    I don't know, what do you guys think of this whole situation? It's LEGAL (You have to be 18 years and older to be a Houseboy).




    Update: My friend and I talked about this Situation.